There are three self contained cottages at Smugglers Rock Guesthouse and Cottages. Smugglers Rock and Smugglers Cove are of standard layout with lounge and kitchen/diner downstairs and bathroom with two bedrooms upstairs. Smugglers View has the kitchen/diner, shower room and two bedrooms downstairs and the lounge upstairs.
• Large print brochure, tariff and access statement are available.
• Buses to Scarborough are twice daily (not on Sundays) and are accessed less than 20 metres away from the cottages. There are no buses to Whitby from Ravenscar.
• Scarborough is 10 miles away and Whitby is 12 miles away.
• The nearest equipment hire is Scarborough.
• There is a Radar toilet situated in Ravenscar (1/2 mile away) from the cottages.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• We have an off-road gravelled car park at the back of the cottages with 12 parking spaces. It is a short flat walk on a tarmaced road with no kerbs to the front of the building where Smugglers View cottage is located. There is a gently sloping stone flagged path to the cottage door. Cars can be temporarily parked in the lane at the front of the cottage for loading/unloading. The entrance to Smugglers Rock and Smugglers Cove cottages is either from the tarmaced road and stone path at the side of the house or via a level stone path from the car park. Luggage can be taken from/to vehicles on arrival/departure.
There are sensor security lights in the car park and fixed coach lights on the side of the building and by the entrance to Smugglers View cottage.
Main Entrance & Reception
• The entrance to all three cottages is over a high threshhold only directly into the kitchen. Smugglers Rock and Smugglers Cove also have access to the vestibules at the front of the cottages, again via a high threshhold only. All three cottages have 2'6" entrance doors opening inwards and the internal doors are either 2'6" or 2'3" wide with all doors opening inwards to bedrooms and bathrooms.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• The lounge in Smugglers Rock cottage is accessed either from the vestibule or from the kitchen. There is a standard staircase with two turns and a handrail all the way up. Smugglers Cove cottage has a wide spiral staircase with handrails on both sides. Smugglers View cottage has a standard staircase with one turn and a handrail on the right hand side.
• A washing machine is provided in the kitchen of all three cottages and a drying rack/clothes horse. Smugglers Rock and Cove cottages have access to an outdoor wasing line in the communal garden.
• We have picnic tables at the front of the house for guesthouse and cottage guests to use. In the communal garden area of Smugglers Rock and Cove cottages, we have two sets of patio table and chairs outside on a paved/gravelled area as well as a wooden bench. Smugglers View cottage has a rattan table and four chairs in the private patio area. There is a lawned area specifically for Smugglers Rock and Smugglers Cove cottages adjacent to the patio area. All of the garden and grounds are level.
• Smugglers View cottage has two ground floor carpeted bedrooms, one with a four poster bed and one with 2'6" single beds. There is a central light and bedside lamps in each bedroom. All lamps have in-line switches.
• Smugglers Rock and Smugglers Cove cottages each have two carpeted upstairs bedrooms - one double bedded room and one twin bedded (2 x 2'6" beds) room. All have bedside tables and lamps with in-line switches or are touch lamps.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• The bathrooms in Smugglers Rock and Smugglers Cove are on the first floor. The bathrooms have tiled laminate floors, wc, basin and a corner shower unit with power shower.
• Smugglers View cottage has the bathroom on the ground floor. It has a ceramic tiled floor, wc, basin and a power shower in a cubicle.
• All three cottages have their own ground floor kitchen with outside access. There is a door from each kitchen to the rest of the cottage. The sinks have mixer taps (Smugglers View has hot and cold taps) and all the floor and wall units and worktops are standard height. Smugglers Rock and Smugglers Cove have freestanding electric cookers with hobs and Smugglers View has a built in electric oven and ceramic hob. All three cottages have microwaves on top of the fridge/freezer (apx. 120cm high), and the kitchens are lit by a set of central spotlights. All three cottages have ceramic tiled floors.
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
• Our Caravan Club CL is on a slightly sloping lawned area, accessed through the gravelled car park area. We have 2 fresh water points and one chemical disposal point. There is electricity provided for all 5 pitches.
Grounds and Gardens
• We have patio tables and chairs outside the cottages on a paved/gravelled area. here is a lawned area specifically for the cottages adjacent to the patio area. All of the garden and grounds are level.
• All three cottages are non-smoking although guests are able to smoke in the grounds.
• Address: Smugglers Rock Cottage, Staintondale Road, Ravenscar, Nr. Scarborough, YO13 0ER
• Telephone: 01723 870044
• Fax: N/A
• Minicom: N/A
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.smugglersrock.co.uk
• Hours of operation: Normal check in times for the cottages is from 4pm on a Saturday, although the premises are usually occupied 24 hours a day.
• Emergency number: 01723 870044
• Local equipment hire companies: Scarborough Mobility, 48 Westborough, Scarborough. Tel. 01723 377515
• Local public transport numbers: Scarborough and District Travel Centre, 51A Westborough, Scarborough. Tel. 01723 507300
• Local accessible taxi numbers: Scarborough - Nippy Taxis 01723 377377. Station Taxis 01723 366366.
Robin Hood's Bay and Whitby - Bay Taxis 01947 880603
• None currently.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01723 870044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org